We believe that what we feed our students and staff influences their learning and well-being. That's why Daystar Academy is one of the only schools in China to offer meals crafted from local and sustainable sources free from chemical pesticides or fertilizers. To ensure these meals are of the highest quality, our on-site chefs and culinary staff personally inspect ingredients and prepare each dish.
The health and safety of Daystar students is our primary duty and responsibility. Each classroom is equipped with a computerized Airburg filter that provides clean, oxygen-rich air. For added safety, we place an additional mobile air purifier in each classroom. We continuously monitor air quality in the classroom to provide a fresh, oxygen-rich learning environment for the children.
Other measures we take to ensure a healthy and safe environment include
- Checking children's body temperatures and throats daily for any irregularities in order to detect and prevent illness
- Daily disinfection of classrooms
At the Early Childhood Education, we observe the following guidelines:
● Air Quality Index (AQI) is below 160 and PM2.5 is below 75, all children can play outside
● AQI levels between 160-200 and PM2.5 between 75-90, three-year-olds have indoor recess, while older children enjoy 30 minutes outside with appropriate protection
● Above AQI 200 and PM2.5 over 90, all children play indoors
Safety & Bus
Daystar Academy employs security guards 24/7, and parents and guardians are asked to wear a name badge at all times on campus. Visitors are required to sign in, state their business, and be escorted by a Daystar employee on campus. When leaving the campus, they must also sign in before leaving.
For pick-ups, students must be signed out by a parent or authorized guardian before leaving school premises. Students riding a school bus are required to wear a seat belt, and parents/guardians can track the location of their child's bus through a real-time app. Each bus is equipped with air purifiers, and is staffed by a qualified bus monitors to ensure orderly conduct and safety.